Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 22-Earth Day Unplugged


Yay Earth Day! Next to Thanksgiving, this could be my favorite day of the year. I love getting that reminder to be more conscious with my choices and to connect more with nature. Today was such a great day, because I woke up to African Daisy seedlings!!! They magically sprung out from the dirt- and when I say magically, that's really the truth. It's only been 3 days since we planted them! It was a great Earth Day surprise.


Did you know that an appliance that is turned off still uses a small amount of energy when it's plugged in? Over time, this could mean ridiculous amount of energy being wasted over the course of one day, a month, and years of trickle energy. In an effort to pledge for greener energy consumption, I unplugged every appliance in my room, and sneaked my unplugging spree onto other people's rooms too.

1 comments:

Lindsey Buck said...

Snap. I have all my junk plugged in like all the time. Uuuhhh...